Felony cases result in the most severe punishments if you are found guilty of the crimes for which you are being charged. A solid and aggressive defense can help you obtain an acquittal or plea bargain for lesser charges and penalties. If you have been arrested and charged with any type of felony, call my firm today. I may be able to help you avoid the long-term and costly consequences of a guilty verdict.
If you are searching for an attorney that handles felony cases, Call 248-408-7679. I offer free initial consultations and affordable flat-rate fees
Facing the courts against felony charges can be one of the most stressful and intimidating experiences of your life. Depending upon the crimes for which you are being charged, you may be facing a lifetime of incarceration with no chance of early release or parole, or a lengthy sentence that could completely redefine the relationships that you share with your closest family members and friends. The uncertainty and insecurity that suspected offenders face during such times can be grueling and emotionally traumatic, but the important thing to remember is that you don’t have to take this journey alone.
I have successfully handled felony cases for clients facing charges of:
- Arson of a residence
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Attempted murder
- Drug crimes: manufacture, delivery or distribution
- Insurance fraud
- Murder in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd degrees
- OWI with serious bodily injury or fatality
- Rape and sexual assault of a child
- Third offense domestic violence
- Third offense OWI
Felony cases are no laughing matter in the State of Michigan. We may not practice capital punishment, but that does not make the consequences of a felonious crime any less severe. If you have been arrested on any felony charge, call my office today and schedule your free case consultation. I can fight for your rights and challenge the evidence against you, and perhaps help you preserve your freedom.
Felony cases, like any other criminal charge, must be supported by solid evidence to demonstrate your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That means that every bit of evidence produced by police must be permissible before the courts. I can review your case and the reports associated with your arrest and determine whether or not law enforcement officials acted within the law when compiling their case against you.
Some strategic methods of defense:
- Inadmissible evidence. This strategy can be implemented if the evidence presented by the prosecution can be proven to have been illegally obtained through an illegal search and seizure. Without evidence to support the commission of a crime, there is no case to prosecute.
- Insufficient evidence. This argument can be made if the evidence presented by the prosecution is merely circumstantial and does not directly connect you with the crime that you are being charged with allegedly committing.
- Lack of intent. This defense strategy can be utilized when it can be demonstrated that the crime occurred in the absence of intent. Accidents happen in life, and while appearances may suggest the commission of a crime, a plea bargain or dismissal of charges may be petitioned when and if the facts of your case support an accidental occurrence more greatly than criminal intent.
Tough felony cases call for aggressive and solid defense. If you are facing felony charges, contact my office today. Let’s discuss the details of your case and work together to defend your future and your freedom.
If you are searching for an attorney that handles felony cases, Call 248-408-7679 Now! I offer free initial consultations and affordable flat-rate fees
Call Kathryn L. Simmons for a defense attorney in Lake Orion, Orion Township, Rochester Hills, Oxford, Clarkston, Auburn Hills, Waterford, Pontiac, Bloomfield Hills, Troy, Macomb County and the Oakland County Circuit Court. No legal representative or law firm can make any guarantees pertaining to the outcome of your drunken driving case. However, at Kathryn L. Simmons PC, I can provide you with a free consultation of the details of your case, and help defend you before the courts.